Saturday 18 March 2023

My Favourite Books as a Child

A special thank you to Georgia for asking me what my favouirite book was as a child.

When I was very little my mum used to read me lots of stories. I really liked the Railway Books - written by The Rev W Awdry - about Thomas the Tank Engine, James the Red Engine, Henry the Green Engine, and all the others. I especially liked the illustrations which were done by C. Reginald Dalby. In fact... I think I probably liked the pictures even more than the stories.

Another of my favourite books was Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. I loved the idea of the little boy, Max, going on an adventure to a strange land. One of the things I love about books and stories is that they let us all go on adventures where we see new things and meet strange and interesting poeple. And we can do it anywhere and anytime we like. 

As I got a bit older I started to buy books with my pocket money. The first book I ever bought was Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown. 

I still have the book today - and as you can see, it's looking a little bit tatty. 


Everyone has a favourite book... 

Which one is yours? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or message. It will be appear her once I have checked it...

What Are You Reading Right Now?

Hello everyone... I am very sorry that I have not written anything in my diary for a little while. I have had a very busy few months - I bet...