Thursday 16 March 2023

What am I writing at the moment?

Hi everyone... if you leave a comment and ask a question, I will answer it in the comment section, but I think that it's a good idea if I put the question and answer here too - it makes it easir for everyone to see. 

Question – What are you writing at the moment and what your favourite story that you have written so far?

At the moment I'm working on a few different things - so I'm really busy. I'm doing some little picture book stories about young dinosaurs... There's Dino (Dee-No) he's a therapod (T.rex is a theropod too so you can imagine what he looks like - but he's cuter than a big T.rex), there's Steg (he's a Stegosaurus), there's Seren (she's a ceratopsian - like a Triceratops), and there are twins - Bella and Barap (they are sauropods - like Diplodocus).  

I'm also working on some comic book style stories with two dragon characters - they will have strange, funny and silly adventures. I've only just started to work on these, so I don't know a lot about them.

 And... I've just been asked to write a little version of Beauty and the Beast.

Saying which my books is my favourite is difficult... but right now I think that it is Global Heroes 'Arctic Adventure'. You might remember seeing a picture of the book cover when I was in school.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're very busy Damien! Which other authors are you inspired by?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi... you're right, I am really busy at the moment. What writers inspire me is a very good question. I will add this to the main page and answer it properly very soon.

      My favourite writer is Terry Pratchett, but there are lots of others so I will tell you more about them.

      Do you have a favourite author?

      Delete
    2. Nice! Currently we like Jim Smith, Jamie Smart, John Wyndham and Dick King Smith

      Delete
    3. Ah! That's interesting to hear. I must admit, I was a little surprised to see John Wyndham's name there. He was a very good writer and wrote some excellent science fiction stories - I wonder what you have been reading of his. I would guess Day of the Triffids or perhaps Chocky.

      Delete
  2. Hi! What’s your favourite book that you have written? From Riley, year two

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Riley, it's great to hear from you.

      At the moment, my favourite book is Global Heroes Arctic Adventure but will will have a think of some of my other favourites and tell you about them really soon.

      Do you have a favourite book by another author?

      Delete
  3. Do you like to write using a pen and paper or a computer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Felix... it's great to hear from you. That is a good question and I will add it to the main page really soon so that I can answer it properly and include some pictures.

      I do use pens and pencils - with my notebook - but most of my writing is done on my laptop. A laptop is quicker and it is easier to change things and move things around.

      Delete

Please leave a comment or message. It will be appear her once I have checked it...

What Are You Reading Right Now?

Hello everyone... I am very sorry that I have not written anything in my diary for a little while. I have had a very busy few months - I bet...